Okay guys! Halloween is upon us, and I am so excited to share this this gravity-defying, optical illusion, cult classic! And did I mention the whole thing cost me 15 bucks??? Let's get "Carrie-d" away shall we?
Step 1: What You Need
This costume is really all about the headpiece, but to finish the look you'll need a couple accessories as well. Here is everything you'll need:
- Pink Dress
- Blonde Wig
- Thick Plastic Headband
- Popcorn Bucket (free at most movie theaters)
- Silver Spray Paint
- A Yard Of Red Silky Fabric
- Safety Pins
- Hot Glue?Gun
- Thick Hobby Wire
- Wire Cutters
- Red thread/needle
- Duct tape
Step 2: Easy Stuff First
For this costume, you need a blonde wig and a pink prom dress, I went cheap and found my wig for 5 dollars on Amazon, and the dress was a dollar thrift store find! But you could also find a cheap dress and wig really anywhere, and if you're a natural blondie, lucky you!
Step 3: Spray That Bucket!
Spray paint the inside and outside of your popcorn bucket silver. Be sure it's fully dried before you continue.
Step 4: Attach Wire to Headband
Figure out how high you want your bucket. I chose about 2 feet. (remember you need to be able to get in and out of cars)
- Measure out how long you want your blood spill
- Cut wire
- Wrap around headband
- Secure with hot glue or duct tape.
Step 5: Attach Wire to Bucket
Hot Glue the heavy duty wire to the inside of the bucket.
Use a LOT of glue, you want to envelop it all the way down the inside of the bucket.
Step 6: Make Blood !
This was my favorite part! I loved using fabric to create the blood!
- Cut Strips of Red Silky Fabric ( The sizes can vary) I cut 6 Peices
- Hot glue the edges shut (so that fraying doesn't occur)
- Gather the Fabric with a needle and thread
- Be messy about the gathering, you want uneven flowey-ness (Think BLOOD)
Step 7: Cover Wire in Fabric
Use one or more of the fabric blood pieces to cover the wire completely. Hot glue works best.
Leave one piece of fabric aside to pin to your dress.
Step 8: Finishing Touches!
• Tuck wig around headband so it can't be seen (bobby pins help)
• Red lipstick is a must
• Add the left over blood splatter to your dress with a safety pin
You will definitely be a contender for the costume contests this year! This creepy, funny, CHEAP costume is sure to turn some heads! Happy Halloween fellow Fright Night lovers!
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"
If you liked this instructable, please vote for me in the costume contest!