Introduction: Knex Coin Pusher Tutorial
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: -
Step 2: Part List
I didnt count the pieces exactlly but it will come close.
You may need some sandpaper to prevent jamming, the piece that will be sanded is still as usable as it was after the sanding.
30 dark gray (the one with 2 gaps)
40 light gray (the one with1 gap)
40 blue (the one where you can click another blue one in to make it a 3d connector)
75 gray (the one where you can click another gray one in to make it a 3d connector)
50 blue spacers
35 gray spacers
50 tan clips
15 blue tan clips
25 rod connectors
1 black headtop
1 red gear (medium sized)
1 blue gear (the small sized)
And ofcourse lots of small wheels/snowflake connectors/poker coins or whatever you wanna play with!
When you have all those parts, lets start building!
Step 3: The Body
1. Make 2 of these (13 connectors)
2. Make 18 of these (13 connectors)
3. Make 2 of these (13 connectors)
4. Make 2 of these (13 connectors)
5. Connect them all together like this
6. Do it twice
7. Make these two things, they are the same except that the tan connecters point to a different direction
8. Make it (9 conncectors)
9. Make those, they are the same
10. Make 4 of these things
11-14. Make all these things
15. Put gray rods in the part you made at photo 5
16. Slide two of the things you made at photo 10 over the grey rods
17. Slide two of the small things over the grey rod and the thing you made at photo 14
18. Closer look at the two small things that dont have a name
19. Click the part that you made at photo12 on the grey rods and slide the part you made in photo 13 over the grey rods
20.Slide the part you made at photo 14 over the grey rods.
21. Slide the two things you made at photo 11 over the grey rod and the 2 long bars that you made at photo 10, dont forget the small things of photo 11. After you did this you get the part you made at photo 5 and slide it over the grey rods.
22. Slide all the grey rods in the yellow, green and red connectors so you cant see the anymore.
23. click the things you made at photo 9 on the red rods and do the same with the left over parts from photo 11
24. They are not connected, they cant be connected so dont do this
25. Do the same on the other side
26. SLIDE the parts from photo 7 on the red rods
27. Do the same on the other side.
28. Put 1 grey spacer and two blue spacers on the red rods. (See the note)
29. Click tan connectors on the red rods so the spacers wont slide off
30. Do the same on the other side and turn the whole thing upside down.
Step 4: Finishing the Body
1. Take this part
2. Click the part you made at photo 8 of the previous step on the red rods ( this is harder than it looks)
3. Make this
4. Make this
5. Put photo 3 and 4 together like this
6. Put the thing you made at photo 5 on the main body.
Step 5: The Slider
1. Make this, the most upper row just had different colors because I tought it looked cool on the end, but you dont have to you can just use the normal colored parts.
2. Again, make two
3. Make it and make sure you use blue tan connectors
4-6. Make these things
7. Slide the grey rods of photo 3 in the part you made at photo 1, also slide the part of photo 4 on the grey rods
8. Click the part that you made at photo 5 on the grey rods and slide a orange (in this case its black) with two green rods (which are also black) on the 2nd from left grey rod (you made this at photo 6).
9. Slide two blue spacers on the most right grey rod
10. Slide the piece you made at step 6 over the grey rods.
11. Click the part you made at step 5 on the grey rods and slide two blue spacers on the most right grey rod.
12. Slide the part you made at photo 4 over the grey rods.
13. Slide the part you made at photo 2 over the grey rods.
14. Slide a blue spacer over every grey rod and click a blue tan connector on them.
15. Make this thing
16. Attach it like this
Step 6: The Mechanism
1. Make this
2. Make this
3. Attach them
4. add the two red and the yellow rod
5. Make this, its a yellow rod and theres nothing on the right of the motor but the snowflake connector.
6. Make this
7. and this
8. Connect them
9. Connect it like this
10. Connect the rest
11. Dont forget to click those gray connectors!
12. attach the mechanism to the body and the slider
Step 7: The Part Where the Wheels Fall Through
1. Make this
2. Make it
3. Make 13
4. Slide the two parts that you made in photo 3 in the snowflake connectors and slide two grey spacers on them
5. Put the part of photo two on there and click two tan connectors on them so it wont fall apart
6. and do this 11 more times
7. attach it to the frame
8. a picture of what it should look like
9. as you see it doest stand up by it self so make these parts
10. Slide this thing through the snowflake connector
11. attach everything like this.
Step 8: Finished! / Troubleshooting
Now that you're done start the engine and have fun!
Someone said it would be more fun too make it higher so it looks better, feel free to do this it will take 15minutes max. I discovered that I didnt have enough pieces to do this sadly enough. You can also make something where the coins fall in too, be creative!
If the slider gets stuck under the thing where the coins fall through you might have to sand the yellow connectors a bit.
If there are any other problems just post a comment and I will react and try to solve it.