Intro: K'nex Assault Rifle With Removeable Magazine.
Here is my first K'nex gun. It's very strong, has a range of about 35 feet and is very easy to build. The gun shoots yellow rods. I hope I am clear enough with the instructions. It's my first instructable.
*Uses modified grey connectors*
Step 1: The Ram
I figure we would go easy and get the simple stuff done first. This is the ram. If you can't build this you sure better find a new hobby.
1. The ram, not hard to build.
2. Remember to tape it!
Step 2: The Magazine
Now you will build the magazine. Another easy step.
1.gather parts and build
2.Add blue rods to the outer part of the magazine.
3.Add the inner wall
4.Add the side walls so the ammo don't fall down.
5.Add the other inner wall.
6.Add the other outer part. You're now finished.
Step 3: The Stock
This step is a bit more complicated, and a bit more tricky. I thought it was funny that in every pic there is a different amount of light even though the lamp was on the whole time. All my pictures were took with an iphone.
1.This is what you will be building
5.connect parts 1 and 3
6.Gather 8 blue rods
7.connect rods where designated
8.Connect part 2
9.Gather 2 more blue rods
10.connect where designated
You're finished with the stock now!
Step 4: Odd Bits for the Body.
There are so many pieces inside the body, I'd figure it can get its own step.
1. Build these
2. Build these
3. Make sure one end has grey connectors
4. Build these
5. Start building the foregrip
6. Add a grey connector
7. Add a yellow connector
8. Repeat until you can't add anymore connectors
9. Both ends should look like this.
10. The barrel
11. Alternate view.
12. Build this, the ammo will end up on this.
13. Close up
Step 5: The Body.
This is probably the longest step in this instructables. ONWARDS!
Pay attention to the orientation of the blue connectors as I point it out. It will make you job assembling it much easier.
1. Build this panel
2. Pay attention to the blue connectors.
3. Make sure these green connnectors are on, it makes the gun look better
4. Same for here
5. Gather all the pieces you build in the previous step
6. Gather 8 blue rods
7. Attach 3 here
8. Attach 5 here
9. Add this
10. Add another one
11. Add the last one.
12. Gather 5 blue rods
13. Add them here
14. Gather and add the long strings of orange connectors here
15. Add another
16. Add the last one.
17. Make sure the side with the grey connector is on the end of the gun.
18. Add foregrip
19. Add these for the handle, makes it much comfortable.
20. Add barrel. If it is not connected as shown, the gun will not work.
21. Add the thing were the ammo dispenses too
22. Connect to barrel!
23. Gather 2 grey spacers
24. Add them here
25. Build another panel remembering the orientation of the blue connectors.
26. Connect to make the body
27. Gather 17 blue rods
28. Connect a blue rod in every spot where there is a yellow box.
Woah... 28 pictures, I'm proud of my self!
Step 6: Final Assembly, Trigger, and Stuff I Forgot to Add
First We will add stuff to the body I forgot to add in the previous step.
1. Gather, and build these parts
2. Connect 2 here
3. On the other side of the gun, connect the last 2
4. Connect one Y connector here
5. Flip the gun over and connect the othey Y connector
Now the best part, ASSEMBLY!
6. Line up the parts as shown.
7. What it should look like after you connect it.
8. The trigger - Build it
9. The thing that makes the gun fire - Build it
10. Remove the yellow piece highlighted in a yellow box
11. Insert trigger as shown
12. Put you yellow connector back
FLIP THE GUN OVER
13. Connect exactly as shown
14. Connect to trigger Making sure the Y connector is sideways, as shown in the picture
15. Push the yellow rod out about this far. If you don't the trigger will break every time you fire.
Wow, you're almost done!
Step 7: How to Load and Fire
Follow the pictures to learn how to load the magazine
1. The pusher - Build it
2. Build anything you want to hold the pusher in place, I just gave you an Idea.
3. Pusher inside magazine
4. Put 2 rubberbands on it
5. The rubberbands should wrap around like this.
6. The magazine should look like this when connected
7. The ram in the barrel
9. Make sure it is on the black Y connector
10. On the flipside make sure the rubberband goes under the trigger
Step 8: FINISHED!
You're finished, thanks for building. Don't shoot at anything important, like a pet... or the neighbors windows and so on. Have fun!
If you want rate, and comment.