Hey. This is my first Instructable, so I'm probably no good at doing this sorta stuff.
This is only a basic idea of what I might use for future reference, but that's only the cogs, not the car design itself (which is most basic :D). There is obviously some faults with the car, because it has a weak structure, not supporting the motor and cogs, so it jams a bit. BUT, with a decent frame around the cogs, it should work fine :).
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Back Wheels
This is easy. You don't even have to build it. Create your own if you want. This is just the basic of basic.
1. Get the pieces
2. Put on the red connectors like so, and add a blue spacer on either side
3. Add the wheels, and a tan clip to secure them on
Step 2: Front Wheels
This is just an idea of what you could do. This is again, very basic.
*Sorry, I forgot the pics with the parts on, but you can just get the pieces out as you see them each picture. Again, sorry :P
1. Make this
2. Add the red connectors (they don't have anything on them) and then attach the tan clips
3. Grab two small wheels, slide them on, making sure that they're secured with the tan clip, and then clip on a tan clip on either side
Step 3: Cogs Support
This is the simplest for of support, so don't complain, because I wanted to do it simple :)
1. Grab the pieces
2/5. Put together like so
Step 4: The Motor
This is easy, so there shouldn't be any complications. Once you're done this, you just need to attach.
1. What you will be making
2/4. Get these
5/7. Start from picture 4, and put together like so
8. Get the pieces from pic 2, and copy the picture
9. Get the pieces from pic 3, and copy the picture
12. Also from pic 3
13. Clip! :)
Step 5: Attach, and You're Done :)
Put all the parts together, and you'll be done. As I've said before, I recommend improving the chassis, and the overall structure :)
3. Turn it all upside down
4/5. Attach the back wheels
All done! Have fun improving it :D