Introduction: Knex Light Crossbow
A crossbow i made because i felt like a newb just copying down and making everyone elses gun
This is my 1st instructable, i could use some helpful comments.
Anyways, this crossbow fires about 40-50ft with good rubberband(s)
Really simple to use, trigger powered by counter rubberband.
I hope my pictures arent that blurry
<(-_-)> :D <(*_*)> :) -_- ";,:"
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Building the "track" or the Barrel of the Crossbow
Build the track of crossbow. The bolt will shoot along this track. i dont know what its called
1. make about eight of these, you can make more or less if you want but eight worked best for me
2. connect them into a row like this (sorry for weird picture)
3. Make this, its the same thing as the 1st step except dont use an orange connector
Step 2: Making the Trigger
Making the trigger, very important peice
Step 3: Connect It All Together
connecting the trigger, the track, and that one weird peice from step 1 together
1. attach trigger to track peice that does not have an orange connector
2. connect trigger to track
your done with the 1st half of the crossbow yay w00t :D
Step 4: Making the Top Half of the Bow Section
1. Make the cross section (4 blue spacers are used)
2. Making the bow section
3. connect them like so
Step 5: Bottom Half of Bow Section
This is the bottom half of the bow section. It is not really that important but highly recommened as support.
Note: 8 blue spacers used
Step 6: Connecting It All Together
1. connect the two halfs of bow section together
2. side view
3. back view
4. connect track to bow
5. blurry closer view
Step 7: Adding the Rubber Bands
1. adding counter rubberbands to trigger. I used larger and thicker rubberbands and connected them to the 4th track piece
2. adding rubber bands to the bow.
3. bottom view of rubber bands on bow
when you add the rubberbands on the bow, if they are not long enough to stretch all the way back to the trigger, try linking two rubberbands together. thats what i did
Step 8: Loading and Firing
ahh yes the fun part
pull back rubber bands and lock them onto here
you will be firing these bolts
load arrow like so
pull trigger and release
WARNING: be careful to not shoot your eye out with this thing kid