Intro: Knockoff Delancy Felt Petal Pillow From Horchow
Horchow sells this pillow for $145.00! I thought it was beautiful but unaffordable so I decided to make a knockoff and share the tutorial!
Needle - For Hand Sewing
Hot Glue Gun
Glue Stick for Hot Glue Gun
Felt ~ For Flowers
1-14x14 inch square of felt
2-9x14 inch rectangles of felt
1-14x14 inch square of lace
2-9x14 inch rectangles of lace
Stuffing or a Pillow Form
This is the pattern I used for making the felt flowers. If you would like to download a copy you can get it here http://www.thegunnysack.com/2011/07/tutorial-tuesday-knockoff-delancey-felt.html
I cut of 9 circles. To make the petals, I cut 1 inch wide strips of felt, cut the long strip into pieces slightly bigger than the petal pattern piece and then cut out the petals. I did not count how many pieces I needed but it is a big stack! You can cut more as you go!
Lay the petals around the circle and sew them on. Make 4 layers of petals this way.
Sew a few stitches by hand to give the top petals shape and attach them to the center of the flower by hand stitching it. I ended up with a stack of 9 but you can do more if you want.
Now, for the pillow, cut 1-14x14 inch square and 2-9x14 inch rectangles of the felt. I also cut 1-14x14 inch square and 2-9x14 inch rectangles of lace to add some texture to the pillow.
1) Stack a 9x14 inch felt piece and a lace piece and hem one of the 14 inch sides. Then, do the same with the other 9x14 inch pieces.
2) Layer felt, lace, lace, felt and overlap the 2 back pieces as shown in the picture and pin it in place. Then, sew around the outside of the fabric pieces and turn the pillow cover right-side-out.
1. Hot glue flower bases on pillow, close to each other so petals can overlap.
2. There are 4 open spaces in the center of the pillow between the flowers.
3. Cut out more of the top petals and sew 2 of the together.
4. Hot glue the top petal pairs into the 4 spaces.
Stuff pillow with your choice of filling or a pillow form.
Fluff up the flower petals and it is ready to display! Stop by TheGunnySack.com to check out more of my tutorials!