Kodak "Cattle Prod"




Introduction: Kodak "Cattle Prod"

This is a little something I did when I had a spare hour and some old central vaccum PVC. I took the regular Kodak Tazer and stuck it inside an insulated altoid tin. I covered the inside of the tin in Duct Tape so the charge wouldn't reach the can. I also took off the metal button normally used and attached a bump switch from a computer mouse, so I wouldn't shock myself every time I used it. I took the two "shocking" wires down a piece of PVC, near the front, stuck them through a piece of cardboard, and added some extra solder on the ends. Hot glue the tin to the back, and congrats, you have yourself a cattle prod.

Sorry, I would have made an instructable, but I didn't think about it at the time.




    • Tiny Home Contest

      Tiny Home Contest
    • Water Contest

      Water Contest
    • Fix It! Contest

      Fix It! Contest

    38 Discussions

    Just a quick note...The capacitors inside cameras (WITH flash) carry a crap-load of power. Ground your wrists if at all possible. You wouldn't want this current passing through vital organs. I did a couple projects with my Dad when I was younger with a flash camera. We were using the discharge from the capacitors to launch a rocket (or so we thought). There was an accident that didn't injure us (thankfully), but did weld 2 screwdrivers together. And for the sake of peace, please don't use this on another human being. Stun guns are fairly cheap, as well as designed for "less than lethal". Very clever housing design.

    10 replies

    Yeah. I know. It's not very bright to use this on other people. And it leaves little weld marks on everything metal. Not to mention the solder on the ends melts a little.

    I have been shocked by a fully charged capacitor on a disposable camera and its not deadly. i got shocked on my finger, and all it did was tense up all my muscles and give me a little burn on my finger. It only hurt for 20 minutes or so and it wasn't incredibly painful. It was caused when i touched the circuit board in the wrong place so the power went in on the right side of my fingertip, and out the left.

    There are certain places on the board that can revers the flow through a rewsistorif you touch it wrong. If you touch the capacitor directly thats REALLY BAD!!!




    I sold one to my friend as an instant fire starter onde for $20All i did was take out the flash and put two wires close together!!!

    maby you could put a larger voltage battery on it if you sauder it with wiers going out side the box and taking a cheap drink holder connected to the side as a holster to produce a beter shock correct me if im wrong!!!

    1 reply

    hi every one im from australia and cant get any old used disposible cameras (i live in a small town) and am in need of these cameras CAN YOU HELP ME??? what i would like would be i few used camera's(5 at least) posted to me. just pm me and we can arange something hopefully :)

    2 replies

    i had the same problem, in the shop they told me that the cameras were sent to another place for processing the photos inside, so i decided to buy a new one at the chinese bazar for 2,5€

    So, they don't have a store with disposable cameras? Or they just don't sell them in your area? You can buy a new one for a couple bucks. They don't have to be used.

    i put the circuit in a butter container and took it 2 school. me and my friends were exploding grass! but a replaced the 330v cap with a 400v 300uf one!!

    2 replies

    Taking something like this to school can get you suspended or expelled. Never, ever, ever do it. It has happened before.