Introduction: Korean Style Beef (bulgogi)
No more need for take outs. Follow this simple tutorial and you can make your own bulgogi taste from home!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
- Sliced beef (frozen rib slices are used here, but any suitable fresh steak will just as well if not better)
- Onion (yellow onion is preferred since its not too strong)
- chili pepper
- cooking wine
(not shown on picture)
- coriander seed
- black pepper
- crushed star anise seed
- roasted sesame oil
Step 2: Cutting Board Work
- Chop onion into large chunks
- Finely dice garlic and ginger
- chop chili pepper
Step 3: Making the Marinate
- Place ginger and garlic in mortar and grind out the juices
- mix with soysauce, cooking wine, sugar, and vinegar (relative amount descending in order listed)
- In a hot pan, pour in some roasted sesame oil
- roast star anise seed, coriander seed, and black pepper until it is fully aromatic
- mix the oil and spices into the sauce
Step 4: Marinate and Pan Fry
- Add 3 teaspoon marinate to the meat and marinate for 5 minutes
- In a hot pan, add 1 tablespoon oil
- once hot, throw in meat and stir loose quickly. Cook until mostly done.
- Take meat out from the pan.
Step 5: Finishing Up
- In the same pan as before, add chopped onion and chopped chili pepper. Saute thoroughly.
- Add meat back to the pan, mix and cook until the juices dry off.
- Garnish with some finely diced scallion
- Transfer to serving plate, sprinkle with roasted sesame oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017