I was just sitting around looking for something to put LEDs in and I tried this. It looks great next to a computer and there are many possibilities for this.
Step 1: Gather Materials
First of all you need these items:
3 Superbright LEDs
An appropriate resistor for current
9v Battery Snap
Step 2: Gather Tools
Gather the necessary tools:
Appropriate Drill Bits that have same diameter of LEDs
Step 3: Drill Holes in CD Spindle
Drill holes on spindle the same diameter as LEDs so that they will fit snugly as shown.
ONLY DRILL 3, I Drilled too much!!!!
Step 4: Stick LEDs in It.
Put the LEDs face down inside the holes that were drilled.
Step 5: Connect Wires
1. Solder the 9v battery snap's negative wire to the switch.
2. Solder the switch to the resistor.
3. Solder the cathode (negative pole) of one LED to the resistor.
4. Solder the anode (positive pole) of the same LED to the cathode of another LED.
5. Repeat Steps 2+3 for all of the LEDs.
6. At the last LED, solder the anode to the 9v battery snap's positive wire.
7. You are finished!!!
Step 6: This Is the Finished Product
Enjoy the cool colors of the spindle. Add on to your heart's delight.