This tutorial shows how to control a LED with your Android using Droid Ei .
Droid Ei is a free platform where you can remotely control your accessory using a smartphone. You need to install the Droid Ei app in your Android mobile. Goto http://www.droidei.com/ , create a account.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Upload Droid Ei Emulator to Your I/O Board
This section assumes you are familiar with the Arduino application and the process of uploading new programs ('sketches') to the I/O board. If you are new to Arduino, please first see the Getting Started section for your platform (Mac, Windows or Linux) on the Arduino website.
1. Upload EmulateEi code into your I/O board. EmulateEi is common for all project.
EmulateEi is found in this URL.
Copy it and burn it into your Arduino MEGA ADK.
Step 2: Creating a New Project on Droid Ei
After registering in www.droidei.com, login to your Account and follow these steps.
1. Click on New Project. Name you new project as LED Control.
2. Add a new button from Add Objects on the top right of the window.
3. Click on the Button to edit the event & button style. Rename to 'ON'
4. Add this event digitalWrite(3,HIGH); ( You can use any pin ).
5. Do similar for 'OFF' Button with this event digitalWrite(3,LOW);.
6. Arrange the button position by dragging them.
7. Click on Save to save your project.
8. Click on Upload to make your program ready for Droid Ei mode.
Now your project is ready to execute.
Step 3: Wire a LED to Your I/O Board
Wire up the LED with the I/O board to right pin you mentioned in code.
Here i set the pin number as 3.
Step 4: Setting Up Droid Ei App
Install Droid Ei App from Google Play store.
1. After installation, Login using your Droidei account.
2. Connect the Board with your mobile using USB Host.
3. The app show you a message to access the USB accessory. Click on OK to allow access.
4. Select LED Control project from the list.
5. Choose Droid Ei Mode.( In Board mode you need to upload program to the I/O board as normal. )
6. You can see your virtual remote on the app screen.
7. Press the ON and OFF button to see the action.
That's all... Now create advance projects using Droid Ei. It's so simple...