Introduction: LED LIGHT DIY for Webcam(C920)
Lighting is essential for web camera.
This small LED ring helps your face-camera to take you very well.
You can take a video without any light but this LED.
I used 3d printer and WS2812b LED module (Neopixel compatible)
Step 1: Overall Information
[ Instruction ]
- Manual https://sites.google.com/view/100happythings/16-w...
- 3D Printing File https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2814571
[ About the maker ]
- Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/EunchanPark
[ Parts ]
- 1 x WS2812b LED 24 Ring https://goo.gl/gH6YTv
- 1 x Remote Controller For WS2812B https://goo.gl/2kQdwq
- 1 x 3 Pin JST Plug Connector https://goo.gl/1X2u2w
- 1 x 5v usb battery https://goo.gl/8HqbEW
- USB Extension Cable https://goo.gl/gMEgsX
- Webcam (Logitech C920) https://goo.gl/pYrMmd
[ Tools ]
- 3d printer (Anet A8) https://goo.gl/XY4Lgw
- Filament for 3d print (PLA 1.75mm) https://goo.gl/gAKzTt
- Wire Nipper https://goo.gl/L9pQQN
- Wire Stipper https://goo.gl/qKXKwJ
- Hot melt glue gun https://goo.gl/z67NkU
- Screw Driver (+) https://goo.gl/6ojbgb
- Electronic Tape https://goo.gl/fJC7yv
- Soldering Tools(Hakko) https://goo.gl/ojZUkF
- Soldering Hand https://goo.gl/UjNFYm
Step 2: Preparing Parts
There are 2 models.
One has 24 holes which allow LED light to go through.
The light could be brighter than another model.
On the other hand, the model without any holes makes the light more smoothly.
Step 3: SOLDER THE LED RING
in order to use the ring, we need to solder and connect it with the wires.
Make sure the colors and pins
Step 4: GLUE IT
In order to protect the circuit from any unexpected damage, use the hot melt glue.
It is easy to handle.
Be careful when you deal with the hot melt. Don't burn yourself.
Step 5: COVER IT
the frame we printed will fit for the LED ring.
As you can see, there are two side. One side's wing is longer than the other.
The cable must be on long wing.
Step 6: ADJUST THE ANGLE
If you are using the frame with holes, you may need to adjust the angle so that the led light go through the holes.
Step 7: PLUG THE CONTROLLER
Plug the terminal from LED to the controller.
Step 8: TEST IT
before you put the hardware on the camera, you may want to test it. Plug the usb cable into any power source such as a 5v battery pack.
As you can see, the controller can change various color set even movement. It is very reasonable price. If you want to make the color more sophisticated, you may need to make your board by yourselves.
If you are interested in DIY, here is reference.
Step 9: ASSEMBLE ALL TOGETHER
If you need to fix it more firmly, use some Blutack.
Step 10: DONE!
I hope it is useful for you.