Introduction: LED Lighting for Home With Dimmer: DIY
This is a build log of LED Lighting done for my Modular Kitchen using a 12V Car LED Lighting Strip and Dimmer circuit. You could follow the same log to get idea to build similar lighting solutions for you home. Enjoy !! https://goo.gl/2Psba4
Skill Level: Medium Time: 3hrs Project Cost: $10
Tools Needed: Knife Scale Tape Insulation tape, Double sided tape Cello tape Parts holder Marking pen Soldering iron Soldering iron holder Solder Soldering flux
Materials required: 12V warm white LED lightstrip 12V battery adaptor Connector for that as well Some wires 2.2K Variable resistor and a knob A small plastic box
1. Check the area and identify a power source and measure the length of wire and LED strip that you require.
2. Take the box make a hole for the variable resistor, another for the wire and the variable resistor.
3. Solder the parts as shown in the video.
4. Stick the carbon vinyls on the box and screw the variable resistor tight. Also glue the socket. Test the circuit.
5. Peel and bit of the 3M tape of the LED strip and put the insulation tape for additional strength.
6. Start sticking the LED strips and cover the wires with insualtion tape.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.