Introduction: LED Sponge Lamp
In this Instructable, I am going to show you how to make a unique sponge LED lamp. For this instructable you will only need some basic Radio Shack items and a dryed sponge that cost about 2 dollars. I hope you enjoy this Instructable and I would appreciate it if you vote for me in the LED Contest.
Step 1: Items You Will Need....
For this Instructable you will need:
1. dried coral sponge
3. Cardboard cutter
3. bright LED (9 volt)
4. 9 volt Battery
6. small Switch
Step 2: Perparing the LED
Follow the Steps:
1. Now take your lED and add wires to both sides. (as seen in the picture)
2. Next, take your switch and add one side of the LED wire to it.(as seen in the image)
3. You finished Preparing the LED!!!
Step 3: Preparing the Coral Sponge
Follow the Steps:
1. Now take your cardboard cutter and cut a small square hole, the size of the switch, into the side of the sponge.
2. Next, check to make sure the size is a snug fit for the switch.
Step 4: Setting It Up!!
This the hard part so read the directions and look at the pictures:
1.Now carefully take your switch and the attached LED and put it in the hole. Also hot glue the switch into the hole for a good fit. (the LED should go up deeper into the coral Sponge while the other two wires go out)
2. Next using the cutter, cut in the hole of the Sponge to make room for the 9 volt Battery. (look at the second image for help)
3. When you are finished with that carefully put your Battery into the hole. (only the end of the battery should stick out)
4. Lastly, hot glue the wires down to the positive and negitive side of the Battery.
5. Your finished!!!! Now try it out in the Dark for a nice look!
NOTICE: If you liked this Instructable please vote for me:) Thank You