Room decors are always welcome as they are used to beautify the home. Flower decors have gained a significant importance and are liked by all. Here, we are going to make a very beautiful flower home décor and that too from old plastic bottle. It looks very attractive and is unique in its own way.
This flower room décor is our easy best out of waste craft idea!
Step 1: Things Needed
- Plastic Bottles
- Cardboard Pipe
- Aluminium Wire
- Styrofoam/Thermocol Sheet
- Tissue Paper
- Iron Nail
- Acrylic Paints and Brushes
- Glitter Powder
- Artificial Grass
Step 2: Let's Cut the Plastic Bottles!
- Let’s take plastic bottles and cut out the upper funnel shaped portion of it. We need three such cut outs for the craft.
Step 3: Let's Remove the Cap!
- Now take the cap of the bottle, make hole at the center part of the bottle cap using lighter and iron nail. Cut and remove the mouth portion from the cut out plastic pieces.
Step 4: Let's Draw the Design!
- Draw some designs on the plastic pieces. Cut along its outline to give it a flower like shape. Now stick the bottle caps on these cut out pieces.
Step 5: Let's Color the Flowers!
- Let’s paint the bottle flowers using different acrylic paints. Apply adhesive on the cap portion and sprinkle some glitter powder on it for an attractive look. Leave the plastic flowers to dry completely.
Step 6: Let's Make Spiral Shapes!
- Let’s take an aluminium wire and a cardboard pipe. Intertwine the wire around the pipe to get a spiral shape. We need multiple such spiral shape wires for the craft.
Step 7: Paste Styrofoam on Cardboard!
- Now take a cardboard and Styrofoam/thermocol sheet. Break the Styrofoam sheet into small pieces and stick it randomly on the cardboard piece.
Step 8: Let's Stick the Tissue Paper!
- Take glue and water and mix it to form the glue solution. Apply the glue solution all over the Styrofoam pieces and stick tissue paper on it. Leave it to dry.
Step 9: Let's Paint the Craft!
- Cut and remove the excess cardboard piece to get the final design. Now paint the base using different acrylic colors and let it dry.
Step 10: Fix the Spiral Shapes!
- Now fix the spiral shaped wire on to the base using glue gun. Fix and paste the plastic flowers on these wires.
Step 11: Let's Color the Wires!
- Take some artificial grass and stick it at the base. Now color the spiral wires with acrylic paint and leave it to dry completely.
Wow! Your beautiful DIY décor from plastic bottle is now ready.
Step 12: Conclusion
This is a really unique piece of craft. It looks so amazing and the flowers too have a natural look in them. It is a complete home décor. You can keep it in any corner of the house and it will look very attractive. It is hard to believe that this craft is made from old plastic bottles.
Hope you will enjoy making this craft. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comment section.