Introduction: Laptop Stand Made From Dell Mini 10 Case
I just found my Dell mini 10 case has a perfect shape. Then I decide to made a fan cooling laptop stand for my mini 10. You know, there is no fan inside this Dell product.
You can get Chinese version here. http://jerryatdell.blogspot.com/2009/04/dell-mini-10.html.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Original Case
These two photos show the original case. It is environment-friendly.
Step 2: Procedure
1. Cut a hole in center of case cover.
2. Cut a hole in center of case base.
( The holes size are easy to be measured. Hole size = Dell logo size )
3. I have a good fan from a bad Dell desktop power supply. And I connect a USB switcher on it.
4. Use screw driver drill two ( or four ) holes around the big hole in case base, in order to lock the fan.
5. Put the fan in base. Tighten fan by screws.
Step 3: Finished!
Now enjoy your new laptop stand.
It also could work with your 10' - 15' laptop.
Remember, it is a paper stand. Maybe 17' laptop is too heavy to use. Or you can add enhanced ribs inside it.