In this project i make a wall light from cheap pine shelves. The design is inspired from the game tomb raider that i have played from the very first one released, and i still play today.
I hope you enjoy this project and are inspired to try it out yourself.
What i used to make this project.
Free mac and pc software PostaRazor to make the printable large image.
Pine shelving big enough to fit the printed image on twice.
LED kit 1m
bandsaw, drum sander, bench sander
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
1) Print 2 copies of the image to the size required in PostaRazor
2) Stick one copy to the main board i used sticky tape
3) To give a 2d look i cut out and stuck to the other board her boots socks, gun holster, guns, rucksack and her ponytail.
4) I then cut out the main complete image with a bandsaw.
1) Using the bandsaw i cut out the boots, socks, guns, rucksack, gun holster and hair.
2) Using the drum sander and bench sander i rounded all the edges on these parts to make the finished piece look less blocky. (see image of socks and boots)
1) On the back of the main body i cut an outline this will be where i attach the led lights without them being seen from the front.
2) I glued in place, clamped and left to dry.
1) Time to go back to your childhood and start colouring i used the main picture to help with this, keeping to the style of main image made the boots and other items look more real. (if you know what i mean lol)
2) Glue all these bits onto the board.
Step 5: Add Lights
1) I added a clip to the back to hang onto the wall
2) Take the backing tape off the LED lights and stick in place.
3) To make sure the lights didnt come away from the backing board, i then hot glued in place.
4) After testing the lights i glued the sensor in place.
Step 6: Finished
Thank you and i hope you enjoyed.
Please vote in the woodworking contest if you enjoyed. Pam :-)
Participated in the