Introduction: Laser Engraved Wooden Name Signs
I was doing a couple of other projects and my cousin kept me company so I quickly made this for her and our friend to use on their apartment doors.
- Laser cutter+engraver - I don't have one myself but my local FabLab has:)
- Wood - I used oak
- Finish - I used oil
- Mounting thing - you could drill small holes and use screws but I plan on just using double sided tape
If you only engrave then the letters are fairly difficult to spot. I added a cut outline (red lines in pdf) and set the speed+power settings so it didn't cut all the way through.
- Choose a font
- Prep your file and send it to the machine
- If you are unsure about the power/speed settings the make a file with only one letter and do a couple of test runs to get it right.
- Make sure the burned blemishes you can see especially above the letters in the first picture are sanded off completely
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.