A few days ago I saw the other artists did the portrait like this, like very much! Today I try to make, actually a success! So to share this project~ You can try to make one for youself or your friend~
Here we go! The softwares we will use are Photoshop CS6 and Coreldraw X4, need to use wood materials and laser cutter to process. I guess you don’t have a laser cutting at home, you can find some in the hacker space near from you easily. If there's no hacker space nearby, you can try the Laser Cutting Service supply by Seeed.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Transform Image Into Black and White
- Choose a portrait, the more clearly the better, Put the portrait in to Photoshop. (image 1)
- Delete unwantedbackground. (image 2)
- Adjust the picture to black and white. (alt + shift + ctrl + B) (image 3)
Step 2: Adjust the Contrast and Grayscale
- To make the picture black and white contrast is more obvious, adjust the picture curve. (ctrl + M) (image 1)
- Adjust the picture gray. make it lighter. (ctrl + L) (image 2)
Step 3: Pixelated
- Add filter parameters, make lattice effect, you can set the reference picture~ (Filter -> Pixelate -> Color Halftone) (image 1)
- The resulting image saved as a JPG or PNG and other popular image formats. (image 2)
Step 4: Completely Black and White
- Put the picture we just did into Coreldraw X4 or higher version. (image 1)
- In fact the picture is not only white and black, we need to make the picture completely black and white. (image 2, image 3, image 4)
Step 5: Convert Bitmaps Into Vector Chart
- Start Conversion. You can adjust the details, too many points but does not look good. (image 1, image 2, image 3)
- The resulting vector chart, removed the fill color then you can use laser cutter to processed~ (image 4)
Step 6: Laser Cutting
Laser cutting, complete!
Thanks for watching, I hope this share can help you~~
1 Person Made This Project!
NoskW made it!