Introduction: Home Defense, Fallout Style
A working and totally simple laser light gate....first one ever, was not able to find a similar WORKING
Laser light gate. You could really use this as an actual home defense device!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Diagram, Tools and Material
What you need for this lil project:
- Dremel tool
- Jig saw
- Drill bits
- Sharp knife
- 2-3mm Polystyrene sheet or ABS or whatever you can get
- Wonderglue + Hot glue
- Screws (m2 for mounting the switch)
- 0.5-1mm wire
- 1-4 laserpointers (+3 red LEDs if you want to replace 3 of the lasers)
- All parts for the receiver as shown up there
- Another main switch for the laser-unit
- AA battery holder
- Li Ion cell
- Ball head joint from an old camera tri pod
Step 2: The Steps
- Solder the receiver together as shown video
- Solder the lasers together as shown in the video
- Cut out the parts for the laser unit, glue them together as shown in the video, insert battery/holder
and main switch, wire it as shown in the video, cover up the lasers with bits of tape,
spraypaint it with a color you like, I used Gun Metal Grey Metallic. Fit the receiver circuitry in a housing as shown in the video (I say that alot but the video is the perfect manual!).
- Either glue the components into a hallway or to steel-surfaces by using magnets inside of the housings of each part.
Step 3: Instructional Video
This will show you how to get it done. I made it while shooting the video, almost real time live footage :)