Introduction: Layered Chocolate Fudge for Valentine's Day
Are you a beginner baker? Want some easy recipe to surprise your valentine? Here I am to help you with fun and easy to do recipe.Before going to the next step ,let me tell you a little about this chocolate fudge. I made this fudge with 3 layers.Bottom - Graham cracker crust, Middle - Semi-sweet chocolate , Top - White chocolate. Why 3 layers ? Semi -sweet chocolate is my hubby's favorite , white chocolate is my favorite and we both like something cripsy and crunchy to go with soft fudge ,so I decided to add a crust base for this fudge. This recipe is totally customizable according to your taste. I will be using vanilla extract but you can add strawberry,blueberry,cherry ,lemon or any fruit essence to suit you and your valentine <3. Now lets move to the ingredients list.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients & Materials Required
For Crust :
- 9 Graham Crackers (full)
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- A pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
For Fudge :
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of White chocolate chips or Red Candy melts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Two pinch of salt
- Baking tray (I used 9" X 13" inch tray)
- Parchment paper (if you are baking) or wax paper
- Food processor or blender or mixer
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring cups
Step 2: Prepare Your Crust
Break the graham crackers into small pieces and put it in the food processor.Along with the butter (room temperature) ,sugar,salt and cinnamon. Blend it until all the crackers break and combine well with the other ingredients.The texture should be as shown .
Step 3: Make Your Crusty Base
Line the baking pan with parchment paper and put the mixture in the pan and smooth it with hands.Bake at 350F preheated oven for 10 minutes and then chill the crust before the next step.
Step 4: Make Your Semi-sweet Chocolate Layer of Fudge
Take semi sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 can of condensed milk and microwave it for 2 to 2.30 minutes until all the chocolate melts.(This timing differs from microwave to microwave)So I would recommend doing it in 30 seconds intervals.It should not take more than 2.30 minutes.Doing it for more time makes the chocolate oily. So, be careful to not do it too much.Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and mix it well.The consistency will be like , chocolate will leave the bowl smoothly when you whirl around with the spatula and will not be sticky. (As shown in the picture)
Step 5: Pour the Semi-sweet Chocolate Layer of Fudge
Pour the mixture above the crust and smooth it with spatula.Allow it to cool in fridge for 30 minutes before you pour the next layer.
Step 6: Make Your White Chocolate Layer of Fudge
Take the white chocolate chips and condensed milk in a bowl and microwave as mentioned in step 4.If your mixture is liquid even after microwaving ,that means you have added more condensed milk.Try adding some chocolate to bring it to the right consistency. Then add a drop of food coloring for red richness of the fudge and mix it well.Finally add a pinch of salt with 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix it.
Step 7: Pour the White Chocolate Layer of Fudge.
Pour the mixture above the previous layer and smooth it with spatula. Allow it to chill for 3 to 4 hours. Then slowly take the fudge from the pan by holding the paper and cut them into pieces. Voila !! Your fudge is now ready to enjoy !! I made 1.5 inches square pieces.I got around 28 pieces and many small irregular pieces around the corners.
Step 8: Alternatives :
- If you don't have an oven , you can make the base and leave it to rest for 2 hours before pouring your next layer.
- If you don't have microwave , do the chocolate melting part with a pan on the stove top.
- No bake crust base also applies if you don't have parchment paper or a baking pan.
- You can also make this recipe without the base layer.It will still taste delicious.
- As mentioned earlier, you can replace any fruit essence in the place of vanilla extract.
- Also instead of food coloring , you can also use red color candy melts.
- You can also alternate the color and make this recipe for any occasion.
If you enjoyed this recipe as much as I am, please take a moment to vote for me in "Date night Dinners Challenge".Thank you.Wish you a Happy Valentine's Day :)