Green Onion Pancakes are a staple at any Chinese Dim Sum Restaurants. It is also a common street food in China. However, it's not hard to make one of your own with little effort and still taste almost, if not just as great. Green onion pancakes are not pancakes, per se, in North American standards, but are still delicious and are a good breakfast item or appetizer.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1/6 cup of Green Onions
- 1 cup Flour
- 1//3 cup of Warm Water
- Soy sauce
Step 2: Mix Flour and Water
- Mix the flour and warm water together in a bowl and stir until it starts to come together
Step 3: Add Green Onions
- Sprinkle some flour onto the kitchen counter and transfer the dough there
- Add the green onions and knead the dough
- Flatten with a rolling pin and form into a ball again, the more times this is repeated the better it taste
- Optionally, the lazy way of doing it is to not bother with needing the though and simply kind-of flatten it, then ball it, a couple of times
Step 4: Fry It
- Throw (not literally) the ball of green onion batter to a small pan
- Add a bit of oil and warm water.
- Flatten the ball in the pan and cook until brown.
- Season with soy sauce and salt
Enjoy your easy 5 minute lazy green onion pancakes
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017