Introduction: Learn Turkish Pot Painting - Basic Painting Techniques
Materials required for Turkish Pot Painting:
- Ceramic Powder
- Ceramic Dough
- Mixing Bowl
- Fabric Colours
- Brush Size #01 or #02
Step 1: Pot Painting Procedure
- Take a spoon and a bowl, add ceramic powder, fevicol and water.
- Mix it to a thick paste, the paste should be fine a smooth.
- Start applying the paste on the pot.
- Apply a thin layer of the ceramic paste on the pot.
- Apply the paste evenly to cover the pot.
- Take a spoon and apply the texture to give different types of background on the pot.
- Once it gets dry the texture will clearly be seen.
- The same procedure should be done on the whole pot.
- Complete the base pot with a different texture.
- Wait till the whole pot gets dry.
Step 2: How to Paint the Turkish Pot
- Now the pot is completely dry and you can start using paints.
- First we shall start using terracotta and golden yellow fabric paint.
- Mix terracotta in water , mix it very lose, add a bit of golden yellow to the terracotta. The paint should be very lose.
- Now you can start applying on the pot. The paint should be very thin so that the texture should be seen very well.
- You can also reuse the paint if the paint is getting wasted.
- For the Turkish pot, you have to make a few pips ready to keep for the center of the flower.
- Use ceramic dough and make a small dough out of it and just make a few pips.
- We can make another shape also. Take a small ball and make a shape, now you have few pips and few shapes.
Step 3: How to Decorate the Turkish Pot
- Apply fevicol on the pot, and place dough on it.
- Then you can start making a flower with petals.
- Add newspaper under the petals just to help give a embossed effect of the petal.
- Now we have completed doing the petals with ceramic dough , completed the leaves and completed the pine effect and the creepers.
- Now leave the pot to dry completely and then we shall start coloring
- Once the whole pot gets completely dry, you can remove the newspapers.
- This generally takes a day to get dry.
- Once it gets dry we can start coloring..
Step 4: How to Paint the Flowers on the Turkish Pot
- For the flowers we can use golden yellow and orange.for shadings.
- For the leaves you can use light green and for the pine effect we can use Burnt Sienna.
- To decorate the center part of the flower you can use beads or pearls.
- Take golden yellow and use a round brush and start painting the flowers. use a bit of orange for shading.
- For the leaves you can use stab green, light green and little bit of yellow. Use brown for other decorations on the pot.
- For the pine use dark brown and burnt sienna and little water while coloring. After coloring the pine, take a tissue and rub the same to give a lighter and darker shade.
- For the center part of the flower use again burnt sienna and darker brown Again take a wet tissue and rub on the same to give a lighter and darker shade.
- Now the Turkish Terracotta Pot Painting is complete. Once the pot is completely dry, you can give a synthetic varnish to it to give a glow to the pot.