Make an engraved leather coaster!
I made it at TechShop! http://techshop.ws
Step 1: Make the Image on Adobe Illustrator
- Upload an image to Adobe Illustrator or Corel. I chose an image of Starscream.
- I used the Live Trace to create the black and white image.
- Next I used Flatten Transparency to ensure that I was able to resize the image.
- I made the image fit into the dimensions of my leather coaster which was 3.25 inches in diameter.
Step 2: Use the Laser Etching Machine
- Center the laser to the middle of the coaster. Use the laser to ensure it is in the right position.
Step 3: Print
- Adjust the setting before printing.
- Speed should be 60%
- Power should be 25%
- Select Center Engraving, and choose Center-Center
- Next choose print.
Step 4: Enjoy Your Coaster
- I added a wax stain to the leather to give it a darker finish.