This leather dress is a set of top, skirt(designer) and crown(designer) for barbie doll.
Step 1: Introduction.
Thinking about leather, I got an idea to make a leather dress for my daughter's barbie doll to make her happy.
So, let's start..........
Step 2: Tools Used.
1. Piece of Leather.
2. Measuring scale.
3. Piece of rexin Fabric(for decoration).
5. Feviquick(or any gum to stick leather).
6. Pen or Marker.
7. Piece of white paper.
8. Piece of fabric Hook & Loop Fastener Tape.
Step 3: Barbie Doll in Cotton Clothes.
Here, I have my daughter's barbie doll in cotton clothes. Now, I am going to make a set of leather cloth for the doll.
Step 4: Making Designer Skirt for the Doll.
1. Take the piece of paper and cut it according to the doll's waist and length dimension.
2. Place the resultant paper above the leather piece as shown in the first image.
3. Cut the leather to paper's size.
4. Cut the resultant leather piece in round shape at bottom as shown in the second image.
5. Flip the leather piece.
6. Now, take the doll and the leather piece and from the back side of the doll fold the leather from its top side to fit it, as shown in third image.
7. Stick the top corners of the leather at the center using a piece of 'Fabric Hook & Loop Fastener Tape' and 'Feviquick' as shown in the fourth image.
8. The overall result can be seen in the fifth image.
Step 5: Making Leather Top for the Doll.
1. Take a rectangular piece of leather of dimension required for doll's top as shown in the first image.
2. Cut the leather as shown in the second image(the hole in the center is for neck).
3. Cover the doll's top using this leather and stick each side's front and back corners with each other tightly, using
a piece of 'Fabric Hook & Loop Fastener Tape' and 'Feviquick'.
4. So, I get a top and a designer skirt for the doll as shown in the third image.
Step 6: Make a Designer Crown for the Doll.
1. Take a rectangular piece of leather according to the dimension of the doll and a strip of 'Rexin Fabric'(having equal length and 1/3rd width as of leather piece) as shown in the first image.
2. Stick the 'Rexin Fabric' at the center of the leather and stick one side of'Fabric Hook & Loop Fastener Tape' at one end and other side to the back side at the other end as shown in the second and the third image.
3. Stick both the ends together to form the designer crown for the doll as shown in the fourth image.
4. Finally, place the crown to the doll's head as shown in the fifth image.
Step 7: Final Decoration.
Finally, I decorate the leather clothes with 'Rexin Fabric'(yellow and pink) as shown in the images.