My first instruction! Hello!
It's a little leatherworking HowTo, and... sorry for my English, thank you!
Step 1: Leather and Tools
1. Soft leather (0 - 2 mm, i use 1.5mm sheep leather with chemical cover) about 300x300 mm
2. Leather for ribs (i use 2 mm belt leather) 6 pieces about 15x80 mm
3. Spikes, rivets.. all as u wish
4. Zipper, about 300 mm
5. Waxed cord (i use 1mm polyester)
6. Tools for leatherworking:
7. And lining material 300x300, i use viscose
8. Flame in heart =)
Step 2: Ribs and Rivets
This step depends on pattern that you choose for spikes and rivets
- Glue the ribs
- Mark points for holes
- Punch holes
- Setup rivets
Step 3: Lining and Zipper
- Glue lining
- Glue two parts of zipper
- Punch holes for saddle stitch (u can use sewing machine)
- Cut all excess parts of lining and zipper
Step 4: Sides
Well done, lets finish:
- Fasten the zipper
- Turn inside out
- Glue and stitch sides, don't forget about cover edges with lining
For best explanation of folding you can check my or good'n'leather video on youtube
Step 5: The End
U did it! Thx for watching!
Truly yours, Antony K.
Participated in the
Tandy Leather Contest 2016