Intro: Led's Skate-inator
Doctor Heinz Doofenshmirtz has been bussy lately on this Led's Skate-inator! His plans to take over the world never stops. This tutorial shows how to transform a simple skateboard into this Hi-Tech and remarkable world conquering skateboard Led lamp with wall mount.
For this instructable you'll need:
- A skateboard without trucks
- 50 leds
- A 9V power source
- 1 - 3 switches
- One 270 Ohm resistance
- Isolation tape
- 1,5 meter of cables
- Hot glue gun
- A 3D printer
- patience .... a lot of patience
Step 1: Step 1: Soldering the Leds
For my skate-inator I used 7 strips of 5-9 leds each.
1. Display the leds in front of you, in the right color order. (you decide what is the right color order).
2. Fold the leads of the LEDs as shown on the picture in order to sold the short leads to the short leads and the long leads to the long leads. We created a parallel circuit.
2. Sold the short leads to the short leads and the long leads to the long leads.
Step 2: Step 2: Put the Leds on the Skateboard
First decide where you want to place the LED strips on the skateboard and measure how much wire you need between each strip. Then solder the wires between the LED strips. Note that you soldered the plus to the plus and minus to minus.
Once the two strips are soldered together then stick the first to skateboard with a hot glue gun. Solder the second strip on the third and put the second onto the skateboard. Continue until they all sit together and attached to the skateboard.
Step 3: Step 3: Add the Juice
In this step we add the battery to the switch and the resistance. Note that you never soldered while there is power to the circuit! NEVER.
1. Solder the resistance to your first or last LED strip and the plus or minus side of the wire connected to your battery.
2. Solder the other side of the LED strip to the switch, and those returning to the plus or minus side of the wire that goes on the battery. Stick the switch with the hot glue pistol on the skateboard.
3. If everything is soldered you can connect the battery wires. Attach the battery with double-sided tape on your skateboard.
Step 4: Step 4: Print the Wall Mounts
To attach your skateboard to the wall download the mounts over here:
Adjust them to the size of your skatebaord.
Step 5: Step 6: School Assignment Requierments
Tape a hinge to your skateboarding and tape a piece of lasered wood on the other side.
To laser the wood, take the first available laser design that you encounter and laser your timber.
Now I met the school assignment requierments. woohoo!