Well this is my first Instructable so I hope it all makes sense. You could make anything you wanted with these directions. My next one will be Mario. Lets Begin!
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- (1)Foam poster board
- (1)Picture Frame (I used 8X10)
- (1)Package of nails (Craft Nails can be used I used wire nails size 1/2X19, item # 532392. I bought them at Lowes)
- Transfer paper (I used saral, which contains many colors and i used yellow)
- Knife or box cutter
- Pen with a whole in the cap(I ended up holding the cap without the pen) or mechanical pencil.)(I borrowed this image from
- And most important a copy of the image of your choosing to the correct size.
Step 2: Set Up the Background
- Take apart your frame.
- Trace the glass onto your foam poster board
- Use your knife and cut out the foam board
- Put foam board into frame and attach the back of frame back on.
Step 3: Trace Your Pattern/Add Your Nails
- Follow your tracing paper instructions.
- Start adding your nails
- While adding nails I started on right and worked my way left. Be careful that you do not complete each section at a time because it will be difficult to add your nails. add them however it is comfortable for you. I have big fingers and had a bit of a difficult time until I found a good rhythm for putting them down. Every one will be different.
Step 4: And Now the Hard Part... Adding the String.
- Tie your string around one nail
- Then weave the string back and forth around the nails. It doesn't really matter how you weave them.
- Be Careful not to pull the string tOo tight. It can pull out the nails. Also make sure you keep a decent pressure or the string will unwind.
- I chose to go back around after I was all done and only weave the outsides so that it was more defined and had an outline.
- The hardest part is tying it off. I don't really have a good way to do it. The only suggestion I have is to put your finger on top of the nail you are wrapping it around so that it doesn't come off. Tie the knot at least twice.
- Cut off any tails.
- Repeat for each section.
NOW IT IS READY FOR HANGING!