This instructable born with the idea to make a wired mouse, into a bluetooth wireless one (still working on that, have no idea about how to do it whatsoever) so i take apart and old usb mouse to see the inside, and found that there is plenty space in the back to make something.
Also I was looking for some lego figures for my Lego Frame Tablet, and I had a couple of pieces over my desktop.
That's when it hit me! It wouldn't be awesome to turn the back of the Mouse, into a cryogenic chamber?
Well.... lets find out!
Step 1: Materials and Tools
All the materials and tools, could be easy to find them aroud your house:
- An old USB Mouse
- A Lego Figure of your choise
- A small pieze of transparent plastic (from an old casette case maybe)
- Hot Glue
- Super Glue
- Epoxy Clay
- Exacto Knife (Or dremmel if you have one)
- Sand Paper
Step 2: Disassemble
Just un-screw all the screws at the bottom, nothing else to do here.
Step 3: The Cryogenic Chamber
Llets begin with the cryogenic chamber!
- First, trace the square shape of the window, with a marker.
- Then, using an exacto knife, cut along with the marks, all the way trough.
- If you have a dremmel this process will be a lot easier.
- Later, use the exacto knife to smooth the cuts, and try to get a straight edge.
- Now, cut a Square piece of transparent plastic, a little bigger than the chamber window, and use a piece of sand paper, to get it as tight as possible.
Step 4: The Prissoner
Now the sad part.
Doesn't matter the crime, it's time for the punishment.
Take your yellow friend, and take apart the legs (yes, we slice people in half too, but if there's enough room, you could live it all in there) and all the accesories to keep it as slim as possible.
Put the figure inside the chamber, and use some hot glue to keep it in place.
Step 5: Finished!
Finally, put the transparent plastic on the window, and use super glueto keep it fixed.
My window was a lttle rough cause the dremmel, so I put a little bit of epoxy clay over the edge, as a frame and paint it black. You could use it as extra detail, and i'm pretty sure tht you'll make a better job than me.
Well guys, this is it! Hope you like it!
If you decide to give it a try, please share your project!
Participated in the
Make it Glow Contest 2016