Introduction: Lego Purse
Take your Legos out of the toybox and into your wardrobe with this super cool purse that will turn heads!
-Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint - Black
-Liquid Fusion® Clear Urethane Glue
-Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
-Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
-300 Multi-color Pack
-Form core – 12” square
-Ribbon – ¼” – black – 1 yard
-Low tack masking tape
-Black Belts – (2)
-Black permanent felt pen
-Self-adhesive shelf paper
-Cardstock paper – colors to match
-Plastic palette knife
1. Create a row of connecting blocks in a rectangle that measures about 8” x 6” or desired size. Use Liquid Fusion to glue on each layer of blocks to form purse, adding thin sections along top edge as shown. Let dry.
2. Use felt pen to trace peace sign pattern onto shiny side of shelf paper. To create stencil, cut around inner edge of design leaving outside edges intact, then cut out separate sections as indicated on pattern. Peel off paper backing then press in place on side of purse as shown then adding inner pieces to create design. Run a fingernail along inside cut edges to prevent seepage.
3. Squeeze a puddle of Black Slick paint onto foil. Use knife to “frost” within stencil design leaving a smooth even surface. Carefully peel off stencil and inner pieces then let dry. Any wet paint can be wiped off with damp paper towel if needed.
4. To create base of purse, place on foam board then trace around. Use craft knife to carefully cut out.
5. The base is covered in black fabric. Cut piece from black t-shirt larger than base. Place foam board on wrong side of fabric then add a thin bead of Liquid Fusion around edge of foam board. Pull up fabric, folding in corners and adding more adhesive if needed. Hold with masking tape if needed till dry.
6. Cut another piece of fabric slightly smaller than base and cut out. Glue this in place to cover cut edges. Let dry.
7. Apply Liquid Fusion to bottom edges of connecting blocks, press on base lining up edges. Place something heavy – books, food cans etc on top till dry.
8. To create handle, buckle two belts together. Place purse on inside of belt ring adjusting as needed. Apply an even coat of Liquid Fusion to belt then press in place against purse, holding with pieces of tape till dry.
9. Cut circles of cardstock to fit inside bottle cap. Add letter of Black Slick paint to each. Let dry then glue inside each cap. Place purse on side then glue bottles caps where shown and let dry.
10. Squeeze a small puddle of Liquid Fusion onto foil. Working in short sections at a time, use tooth pick to add small equally spaced dots along outside of peace sign. Use tweezers to add a crystal then press to secure. Let dry.
11. To create black bag for inside purse start by lining up hem edges of shirt with right sides together. Measure and cut a 9” x 12” rectangle. Sew along three sides starting just under hem edge on one side and leaving hem edge open. Turn inside out. Attach safety pin to one end of ribbon, insert into hem and work to other end gathering fabric along the way. Tie knot and trim ends. Place inside purse.
For more projects, updates, and inspiration visit the iLoveToCreate Facebook page!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.