Watermelon sorbet is an incredibly refreshing icy dessert made out of just 3 ingredients.
It is fruity, fresh, light, sweet and just so easy to make.. :) This sorbet is the perfect treat for a hot summer's day !
Sorbet is the French equivalent of British Ice water and is a semi-frozen sugar syrup flavored with fruit puree.
Watermelon is my favorite summertime fruit and so i decided to make a lemony watermelon sorbet for this weekend. :D
i hope you like this recipe. :)
Step 1: Ingredients
- Ripe watermelon chunks - 5 cups (seeds removed)
- Agave nectar - 2 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 2 and 1/2 tbsp
- sugar - to taste (optional) (not in picture)
Step 2: Blend, Blend, Blend
- Place watermelon chunks, fresh lemon juice and agave nectar in a blender.
- blend until pureed.
- add in a bit of white sugar according to your taste.
Step 3: Freeze
- Pour the puree in an ice tray.
- let it freeze for about 3 to 4 hours.
- take out the watermelon puree ice cubes with the help of a knife.
- blend it again for 20 seconds.
- if the mixture is too mushy, freeze it again for about 1 hour.
- if required, flake the mixture with a fork before scooping it out.
Step 4: Scoop Out and Garnish
- with the help of an ice cream scoop, scoop it up and place it in pretty bowls.
- garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Thanks for reading..!