So it's Summer time, and you can't miss mangoes the King of fruits.Well, of course, you can eat it raw, but what if you can have as snacks to eat it for afternoon snack time or in the breakfast itself. Here is the recipe of healthy snack having a tinge of mango and beetroot in it.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Split Bengal gram - 1 cup
2. Raw Mango - 2
3. Beetroot - 1
4. Flattened rice - 1/2 cup
5. Oil - 1-2 tsp
6. Green chilly - 2
7. Ginger - 1 inch
8. Garlic - 5 -6 bud
9. Cinnamon - 1 inch
10. Black Cardamom - 1
11. Green Cardamom - 2
12. Cloves - 4-5
13. Coriander seed -1/2 tsp
14. Cumin seed - 1/2 tsp
15. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
16. Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
17. Salt - According to taste
18. Raisins - 2-3 tsp
Step 2: Preparation
1. Soak lentils in water for 1 hr and boil if after that.
2. Cut a raw mango in tiny pieces after peeling it.
3. Prepare ginger garlic paste.
4. Dry roast the spices including coariander seeds , cumin seeds. Cinnamon , both Cardamoms and clove.
5. Grind the roasted spices.
6. Take a pan and heat the oil .
7. Put the ginger garlic paste and lightly saute it.
8. Add the boiled lentils in it and mix it with the paste.
9. Add turmeric powder , chilli powder or chilly flakes , chopped green chillies and mix it properly.
10. Now, add salt and grinded spices and mix it properly.
11. Cook it until the mixture becomes dry to a limit so that it can be easily binded i.e not too much dry.
12. Turn off the burner.
13. Let it cool for few minutes and add pieces of raw mango and raisins in it and mix it.
Step 3: Binding and Preparation of Sauces
1. Dry roast the flattened rice.
2. Bind and give shape ( cylindrical ) to the lentils mixture.
3. Coat the cylindrical rolls from roasted flattened rice.
Preparation of Mango Sweet Sauce
1. Peel a raw mango and boil it.
2. Make paste from the bolied mango in the grinder .
3. Add 1/4 tsp salt , turmeric powder and chilly powder.
4. Add 100gm jaggery and mix it properly
5. Cook it until it becomes a thick sauce
Preparation of Beet root sauce
1. Peel a beetroot and boil it.
2. Make paste from it in the grinder.
3. Let it cool down in the refrigerator.
4. Now , add 2 tsp curd and 2 pinches of salt .
Both the sauces are ready
Step 4: Garnishing
You can garnish the rolls the way you want.
I have used both the sauces that i have made to garnish it..
The sweet sauce of mango complements the rolls a lot with its sweetness and tanginess.
Try this at your home and enjoy the taste of these rolls with your family.