You love your Christmas decorations, but you wish they could turn on every time someone comes into the room instead of having to turn them on. Every time you or your guests come home, all of your Christmas decorations will come into action as soon as you know you are there.
You will need these skills:
3. Copying and Pasting
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Components
- Pro Mini Proto Snap
- 5V Relay
- Battery Operated Christmas Decoration
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Measuring Sensor Module for Arduino
Step 2: Open Your Decoration.
Carefully break your decoration open and then:
1.Take battery case apart and pull circuit out.
2. Take several photographs of the wiring, so you know exactly where they go.
3. The decoration is powered by three 1.5 V batteries (4.5V), which are needed to power it.
4. This Santa Claus decoration circuit used a switch button to turn on and off.
Step 3: Soldering
Some times, the soldering work done for these decorations are poorly done. If so, make sure the soldering that came with your decoration is done properly and if not, re-do it. Use new cables if needed.
Step 4: Wire Everything
The relay will act a substitute for your Christmas decoration switch. (Meaning Santa 1 & 2)
Step 5: Arduino
1. Google Arduino New Ping and look for the library
2. Download the Library
3. Move it to your Arduino library folder
4. Access it from a new Arduino sketch
5. Open New Ping example
6. Establish your pinMode input and output as well as the delay you want