My Goal is to convert a $99 bike to e-bike with a budget less than $700 and use my bike as my daily driver.
Since I am focusing on battery life cycle, I want it to last much longer as possible. I am using BMS(Battery Management system) and a charger that was able to charge the battery at 80%.
Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
Step 1: Parts Needed
- My bike: 26 in Hyper Shocker Men's Dual Suspension Bike from Walmart $99
- Battery Used: Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery 14s5p from IMR Batteries $245.00 ouch!!
52V 14s Battery Management System (BMS) from vruzen $33.99
- 26" Rear Wheel E-Bike Conversion Kit 48V 1000W Motor Hub Speed from e bay $156.99
Step 2: Battery Design
The battery I am using is Samsung 25R 18650 2500mAh 20A Battery
Specs (I got from IMR.COM)
- Nominal Capacity: 2500mAh
- Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
- Protected: NO, UNPROTECTED
- Dimensions: 18.22mm x 64.80mm
- Voltage: 48V
- Power: 1000W
I need at least a battery pack that supply 48V. I decided to go with 52V setup. 14S and 5P.
In Theory, I am getting
and single 18650 has 3.6V*2.5Ah=9Wh. Therefore my overall Watt Hour will be:
Watt hour =Amp hours of cell *nominal voltage of the cell
Wh = 50.4V*12.5Ah=630Wh