Introduction: Let`s Make a Metallophone.
A metallophone is any musical instrument consisting of tuned metal bars which are struck to make sound, usually with a mallet.
You will need:
- wood (1) 32cm x 2x1,5
- wood (2) 60cm x 2x3,5
- metal bar 2m x 3cm x 4mm
- screws 16mm x 3mm
- flat washers
- 4 screws 5cm
- 1 wood varnish gloss
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Metal Bars
Cut the metal bar in 8 tracks from 15cm max-10cm min.
Cut the metal bars slightly awry about 1-2 moires to form all together a triangle.
Open holes with a drill.
Step 2: Wood
Cut the wood (1) in 2pcs 14cm and 17cm.
Cut the wood (2) in 2pcs 30cm and 30cm.
Step 3: Fitting Metallophone
- First count the metal bars to have equal distances.
- Then let's screw the screws onto the wood.
- Screwed 4 bigger (5cm) screws to side wood (2) to complete the fitting.
Step 4: Paint the Metal Bars
- Remove the screws.
- Paint the metal bars with colors we want.
- When it's dry. Screwing the metal bars in wood.
- Put and the flat washers (wood-->flat washer-->metal bar-->screw).
- Spray the metallophone with the wood varnish gloss.
Enjoy your metallophone
Participated in the
DIY Audio and Music Contest