Recently, my 9 year old son has shown interest in sketching and flip book animation. In one of the tutorial videos on Youtube, the tutor used a light panel and he wanted one too.
So in this instructable, I will share how we made a A6 size light panel and yes my son helped me build this. Some of the design aspect came from him
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Plywood frame ( 2" x 7" X 5") - 15mm or 9/16"
- Acrylic sheet ( about 0.5MM or 1/64 inch )
- LED Strip ( white Led 3228, 12V )
- 5.5x 2.1mm DC Socket
- 9v AC to DC adaptor
- News paper cutting
- PVA glue
- Soldering iron
Step 2: Main Body
- I had made this in past for my bluetooth speakers, but were too large for that project, And had been lying around since 2 years
- While looking for items to build this project I found this and decided to use it as the inner side was same as the A6 page size
- To build this frame
- Use 15 mm or 9/16" plywood
- Cut two strips each for 7" x 2" and 4" x 2"
- Sandwich the smaller piece with two larger ones
- Glue the joints and nail them, to hold position
- Let it dry for a day
Step 3: Power Connection
- Initially was planning to fit a 9V battery but we decided to use a power adaptor
- Drill 11mm hole or as per the dc socket
- Stick the LED strip exactly at the center, as show.
- Glued the strip as it was not sticky enough
- Connected the wires to the DC socket and tested the strip works with the adaptor
Step 4: Top and Bottom
- Trace the main body frame on acrylic frame ( frosted )
- Cut two pieces
- One stick on the top and th other on the bottom
- Add a aluminium foil at the bottom before closing it
- Use PVA glue to stick acrylic sheet to wooden frame
Light it up and start using it for flipbook animation
Hope you like this. Please share your comments