Intro: Light Saber Using Bubbles Toy V2
I my previous instructables, I shared quick way to create Easy Light Saber from old bubbles toy
There were few issues
- Could not replace Battery without breaking it
- Too Bright light for Kids, do not want to spoil their eyes
- Use regular AA or AAA battery ( WHy : I have huge stock of AAA batteries I got for a toy helicoptor, Which did not last much as I was trying to master it's flight)
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Bubbles toys ( long tube ones )
- 0.5 inch pipe ( 6 inches length)
- 0.5 to 1 inch Male and Female couplers
- 1 inch coupler cap
- AA 1.5v batteries - 2
- Push button
- 3mm Green LED - 5
- GI hard wire
- black foam sheet
- Acrylic Paint
- Soldering Iron,
- Wire cutter
- PVC solvent
- Paint brush
- Paper cutting blade
Step 2: Handle
Simple assembly : Free to change, connect couplers on both end of the pipe.
One end will have a cap and other will have led.
Using black foam sheet cover the handle and cut rings based on size of the pipe. Glue them using either PVC solvent or fevicol. Paint the alternate with silver paint
Fix push button on it
Step 3: Electronics
- LED Filament
I used Cat 5 Cable strain and soldered 5 leds on it. Using some colored straws covered them and placed withing the Bubbles tube
- Battery holder
Used a old white board maker, ideal size for AAA batteries. Fixed hard metallic wires at both ends to holder battery in place.
- Push Button
Connect wires from battery holder to the push button and led strain
Step 4: Play Time !!!!!
This version has come out good, but now I feel the LED is bit dimmer than first version.
Tried spreading LED light more evenly using sand paper on the bubble tube, but no luck. More work in future may be
My son and his friends like this version better than the previous one. :)