This lamp is not only a fun addition to any room, but also a great way to use those molds that your grandmother had hanging on her wall. I found these and many others at various estate sales.
drill (I wanted to try out my new hand drill but an electric one is good too)
Step 1: Drill Holes
1. Use the hammer and screwdriver to tap a divot in the center of each mold. This will help keep the drill in the center as you start drilling.
2. Drill holes in the center of each mold.
Step 2: Beads
1. String beads onto the cord. How many you use completely depends on how much of the cord will be exposed in whatever location you have in mind.
2. Decide what order you want the molds to go in making sure that you don't use one that is too small at the bottom. You don't want the bulb to peek out from under the mold or it will blind anyone that looks at it.
3. String the molds on with beads in between to hold each at the height that you want.
Step 3: Wiring
Follow the directions in the lamp kit to attach the cord to the socket and screw in the bulb.
Be mindful of the wattage maximum for the kit you purchased. Do not use a bulb that exceeds that wattage. I have had the switch melt off and lights flicker from attempting this. Be safe.
Step 4: Hang and Enjoy!
Participated in the
Lamps and Lighting