Introduction: Light Up Play-Doh
This is our light up Shrek!
First thing you will need to create this amazing Light up Shrek is actual HOMEMADE Play-Doh.
These are the materials you will need to begin making your colorful Dough,
- cup of water
- 1 cup of flour ¾ cup of salt
- ¾ lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 4 drops of green food coloring. (or color of choice)
- Stir together until it was smooth
- Turn oven heat on medium and continue to stir until it begins to boil and get chunky.
- Stir untill the dough forms into one ball
- Place it on wax paper pour½ cup of flour knead it into the flour.
- lastly keep on adding flour untill you play-doh is no longer stinking to your hands or the wax paper.
Non Conductive dough
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- Combine water, oil, salt, and food coloring in a saucepan Stir, then knead until smooth.
- Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.
From here you can make as much Play-Doh as you want and as many different colors as you please.
So go out and enjoy this fun experience of making Dough with your children.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Building Shrek
Our circuit that we made was the face of shrek.
- First we took half of the green conductive dough and flattened it into a round circle to make the face.
- Then take the other half and then halve that to make two balls for the cheeks
- With some of the remaining we made eyebrows and a smile.
- With another color of non conductive dough you can make the small eyes.
There you have it! SHERK!
Now to make him light up! you will need the following things
- One Hand crank
- 2 nail
- a set of black and red wires
- several LED lights
Take two needles and put them on the black and red clamps that is connected with the hand crank.
Take the LED and put it into the conductive dough
Put the clamps with the needles and place them into your Shrek
Place the LED into Shreks forhead then crank the generator and the LED will light up
Step 2: BE CREATIVE
Now that you know how to make play-doh and light it up!
You and your children can now build what you please, This could include a light up Dragon, Train, Even a cute little lizard like shown above!