Hey everyone!! These cupcakes I am making for my sisters baby shower!!! Today I am going to teach you how to make Chinese famous cupcakes!!! This is a fun and exciting project for you and your kids! It is also involving a Chinese recipe and along with a little twist... making the cupcakes into panda bears!!! You can even make them for some special occasion! I am going to be making Hong Kong Cupcakes!!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1: Gathering Materials
Go to your local market and/or local grocery store and gather all materials needed to make these oh-so-delicious cupcakes. Here are the ingredients needed to make them...(recipe makes 6 cups)
1. 5 Egg Whites
2. 50 grams Butter
3. 60 ml milk
4. 100 grams cake flower
5. 80 grams sugar
6. 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
7. 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Step 2: Procedure:
Now it's time to actually make the Cupcakes: (be sure to make two different sizes. You will need them when making one of the cupcakes)
1. Preheat the oven to 356F. Melt butter in a microwave oven or heat over boiling water in a bowl. Separate the egg yolks and the egg whites.(you will be using the egg whites)
2. Add the melted butter into milk, then sift cake flour into it and mix well. Add whisked egg yolks and vanilla extra into the mixture, mix thoroughly.
3. Use an electrical mixer to beat egg whites for 3 minutes, then add cream of tartar and blend again. Pour sugar in the egg whites and blend until very stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into the flour mixture gently with a rubber spatula just until all ingredients are incorporated. Do not stir or beat. For a better result, fold in egg whites with small amount at a time for 3 times.
4. Pour batter into cup cake molds that are already lined with baking paper. Bake at 356F for 25 to 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if the cakes are done. If the toothpick comes out of the cake clean, then they’re ready. Allow the cakes to cool for a minute or two in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.(when mixed, set aside 1 cup of batter)
Step 3: Making the Icing:
After the cupcakes are done cooling... start making the icing. To make the icing... Follow this simple recipe:
Ingredients: (add no food coloring gel to this batch, it needs to be plain white)
150 G Powdered Sugar
3 Eggs White
500 g Butter
1. First beat the white of the egg into snow then put sugar and slowly keep putting pieces of butter and continue beating till the butter is over.
Step 4: Putting the Decorations On: Panda Style
Today I am going to be making cupcakes, but with two different decorations... On the first one, I am going to be making them into Panda Bears, China's most well-known animal. So just follow these simple instructions below... and soon you'll have a cute panda cupcake! (take half the cupcakes and set them aside. The other half you will use for the procedure below)
1. Take one bag of Oreo Crumble and set aside in bowl
2. Ice your biggest sized cupcake
3. Take the cupcake(that has been iced) and gently roll the cupcakes iced area in the Oreo crumbles(make sure the top is fully coated with Oreo Crumbles)
3. Take one of your smaller cupcakes and ice it as well
4. Cut a few m&m's in half and leave some whole
5. Take one of the m&m's you cut in half and put it where you think the nose on the panda should go (rounded side facing outward)
6. Take the whole m&m's and put them where you think the panda's eyes should go
7. Take some black licorice lace and make a smiling mouth
8.Cut four big Oreo's in half(place two of the half's aside) also, cut a few mini Oreo's in half
9. Take two of the mini Oreo's and place them where you think the panda's ears should go
10. Take two of the big Oreo's and place them on the side of the big cupcake
11. Place the smaller cupcake (the head) sideways on top of the larger cupcake
And now you have a panda cupcake!!!
Step 5: Putting the Decorations On: Cherry Blossom Style
Now I am going to be showing you how to put the decorations on for the Cherry Blossom Cupcakes... So follow these simple instructions below and soon you'll have some Beautiful Cupcakes...
1. Use or make white icing(you may have some icing left over from the panda bear cupcakes. you may also make a pale pink, whichever you prefer)
2.Make 6oz of brown icing(you can make this by using food gel. This will later be used later for making the tree branches)
3. Coat leftover cupcakes with white and/or a pale pink (which ever one you decided on)
4. Then take a pastry bag with a small decorating tip and fill the bag with the brown icing
5. Make a tree design on the cupcake
6. Place small flowers on, where you think they should go
Step 6: Final Step: Eating!!!
Now that your cupcakes are done, its time to sit back and enjoy some Chinese cupcakes! I hope you enjoy! Thank you for checking out my indestructible!
Participated in the
Chinese Food Contest