I believe that while we think that most of us are able to have and use smartphones, this isn't actually true. I would like to propose an idea for a phone, that would be accessible for the visually impaired. The idea was inspired by brian.baas's "screen push phone concept" but the Listen +, is very unique. The Listen + (plus) is an affordable, durable, innovative, easy to use solution for the blind/visually impaired. Unlike some of the other phones I have seen designed to be accessible by everyone, this one still is able to keep its "smartness." Some of the features of the Listen + include:
- Completely sound based interface.
- Voice control.
- High definition, clear audio.
- 75% of voice commands are stored locally, so you save cellular data.
- Small, compact and durable design.
- Wide angle camera with object sensor to avoid collisions.
- Built-in GPS and map.
- No screen means almost 2 week long battery life.
- Wireless charging.
- Back of the case has a is made with a cellular blocking material, to avoid radiation.
- One button only.
- Download and install audio books.
- Weather, date, and time are also pre-installed.
- Podcasts and Music.
- Includes high quality compact microphone headset.
- Much more!
The Listen + is truly the next leap into smart technology for all. Anyone can use it, not just the visually impaired!
If you like this idea, please vote, comment, and favorite! I hope to have a model ready soon, and then maybe later a working prototype.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.