My son wanted to wear a Lord Garmeddon costume from Legos Ninjago a few years ago, so I made one for him.
To make it you will need:
- Black, long-sleeve t-shirt (I used a Youth Small)
- Black tights (can be old, since you will cut these up)
- Silver duct tape
- White craft foam sheets (2)
- Black hat (ball cap or knit cap)
- 3 paper towel cardboard rolls
- Waxes paper
- Clear plastic thread or fishing line
- Needle and black thread
Step 1: To Make the Hat
- Using the pattern below, cut out 3 of the bone shapes from the white craft foam.
- Stack these on top of each other and staple to the front of the black hat.
Step 2: To Make the Shirt With Extra Arms
- Put several length of the silver duct tape onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Trace the other shapes from the pattern onto the silver duct tape, and cut them out. Don’t worry if the pen/pencil doesn’t write well on the tape, as long as you can see the outline well enough to cut it out.
- Lay out the t-shirt front side up on a flat surface. Arrange the silver duct tape pieces as shown in the picture to look like a rib cage. Peel off the waxed paper and attach them.
- With one of the paper towel rolls, cut off 2 2.5” pieces.
- Cut each 2.5” cylinder lengthwise (to form 2 U-shaped pieces for the Legos-type hands).
- Put the U-shaped pieces in the end of each leg of the tights to form the Legos hands. You may want to staple the tights into the inside of the U.
- Put the other 2 paper towel rolls into the legs of the tights to form the extra 2 arms of Lord Garmeddon.
- Cut off the legs of the tights 1-2” beyond where the paper towel rolls are.
- Sew the ends of the tight legs to the t-shirt about 4” below the shirt’s arms.
- Tie a short piece of black thread on the of the Legos hands on the outside of the tights to make the hands more distinct.
- With the clear thread or fishing line, connect the fake arms to the t-shirt’s arms so that they will move together.