Intro: Lose Weight Easy and Eat Whatever You Want!
I have the answer you are looking for to all of your diet and exercise problems. It's a No-DIET, NO-EXERCISE solution to weight problems for everyone. It's easy, so easy that you will hardly believe you are on a diet.
Ready now? Let's get started!
Step 1: Visualize
Imagine you, thinner and happier. Your health is optimal, and you never have to struggle to find an outfit that wears well again. Visualizing is important, now to make yourself believe it! On to step two.
Step 2: The Magic
Magic. Yes, that's what you need to get fit and healthy without any effort or self control. Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise is trying to sell you something. The disappointment here may be unpleasant, but it's one step closer than you were to good health and weight loss.
There is however some interesting information to follow in Step 3. Armed with an understanding of how your biological machine works, you can find or even crate a lifestyle that suits you.
Step 3: The Machine
Let's begin with understanding that food is energy and nutrients for our bodies. If we don't use the fuel that we put in it, our body will store it as fat. There is no way possible to target fat loss of any kind. This means if you want to lose weight on your belly ONLY, you will have to lose weight all over. Your body, based on a number of other variables may or may not have a tendency of gaining and losing from certain areas. Some of these variables are: stress, insulin sensitivity, hormonal, genetic predisposition.
For future reference, remember always, that targeted exercise will not result in weight loss in a given location. It will tone the muscles in the area only.
Step 4: Everything Is Delicious!
If this is a problem for you, like it is for me, then it is time to take a look at what you are eating.
Very important to do from here on in:
- Read and understand food labels. Be very skeptical of complicated language and look-up any words you don't understand (give it a try with some that you do... look-up "modified milk ingredients" and see what you find. How tasty does it sound?)
- Choose LOW-CALORIE and HIGH NUTRIENT options ALWAYS
- Be very aware of the sometimes hidden calories in sauces and dressings. Read the food labels on everything. Just about nothing is calorie free.
- Really understand YOUR BODY'S specific calorie requirements. I recommend asking your health care provider in addition to your own research. Know that calculating requirements based on your pre-goal weight can be tricky. Follow the national guidelines while being very mindful of your energy output based on your own activity levels
- Get active! Hit the gym and take an aerobics class. Get on the elliptical at the gym for as long as you can (get some reading done while you're at it like me! Or use the time to watch TV). Take the stairs not the elevator. Walk to the corner store. Take a walk with a family member or neighbor.
Remember, to lose weight calories in must be less than calories used up. But don't resort to eating nothing but two donuts a day (roughly 600 calories) and thinking this is a good diet idea. Explore the varieties of healthy foods available and find ones you can use to replace the less healthy options.
Be sure that you are getting the nutrition you require while dieting. Multivitamins are great! Taking vitamins separately under medical supervision is great also. Make sure you understand how much of something your body needs and more-so with vitamin supplements, KNOW HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH.
Step 5: Success
I wish you luck on your path, and courage and strength! Mostly the courage and strength. The courage to have self discipline, and the strength to resist the temptation to return to bad habits.
Self control is incredibly difficult to master. Pat yourself on the back every time you exercise it. Eventually, it will feel so good to have, it will become automatic to feel good every time you have to say no to bad habits.