Intro: Love Cookies
I love making cookies at home, and for this time i decided to make a valentine day themed cookies....!! :)
Love cookies are really crisp and crumbly,a bit chewy at center.These are simple butter cookies with a candy glass center.
i admit that i struggled a lot to find red colored hard boiled sugar candies...but nothing is impossible..i finally found some red lollipops.. :P
These little adorable cookies would make a lovely gift for your special someone this v-day..! ;)
so are you ready to jump into the ocean of love this valentine season..?? :D
Step 1: Ingredients
- all purpose flour - 180 gm
- powdered white sugar - 70 gm
- butter - 110 gm (at room temperature)
- half egg
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- baking powder - half tsp
- sugar boiled candies (red color)
- salt - half tsp (**if butter is unsalted**)
you also need :
- a whisk
- heart shape cookie cutters
Step 2: Prepare the Dough
- cream together the butter and white sugar in a large bowl with a whisk until light and fluffy.
- mix the vanilla extract and half egg.
- then add the flour (sorry i forgot to take a picture)
- mix it all together with your hands.
- place the dough in refrigerator for about 15 minutes so the dough is easier to work with.
Step 3: Make the Cookies
- roll your mixture out.
- cut out heart shapes by using a large and small heart cookie cutter.
*to avoid moving the shapes once cut , cut the larger heart first then place it on the baking sheet and finally cut out the smaller heart.*
3. place the sugar boiled candy in the center.
4. preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
5. place the tray in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges.
6. once the cookies are baked, remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
7. then carefully remove from the baking sheet with a knife.