An oscilloscope is a very important piece of equipment to add to your work bench, but unfortunately they are way too expensive for most hobbyists to buy. But what if I tell you that you can build your own mini oscilloscope for just a little over $20!! But don’t worry you don’t have to build the whole thing from scratch thanks to Gearbest’s DIY DSO138 Digital Oscilloscope Electronic Learning Kit
The kit provides you with all of the basic features you need from a regular oscilloscope at a fraction of the cost. Here are the specifications of the kit:
Step 1: Specs
● Kits using ARM Cortex-M3 processor (STM32F103C8) and includes a 2.4-inch color TFT display can be used as ARM test development board.
● Available source, capable people can be secondary development on the basis of the suite, for example, it can be changed to Millivoltmeter, data loggers, and so on (we don't supply any technical support about that).
● Circuit is simple and the kit is inexpensive.
Characteristics of Indicators:
● Maximum real-time sampling rate: 1Msps.
● Accuracy: 12Bit.
● Sampling buffer depth: 1024Bytes.
● Analog bandwidth: 0 - 200KHz.
● Vertical Sensitivity: 10mV / Div - 5V / Div (1-2-5 progressive manner).
● Adjustable vertical displacement, and with instructions.
● Input impedance: 1M.
● Maximum input voltage: 50Vpp (1: 1 probe), 400Vpp (10: 1 probe).
● Coupling modes: DC / AC / GND.
● The horizontal time base range: 10s / Div - 50s / Div (1-2-5 progressive manner).
● With automatic, regular and one-shot mode, easy to capture the -moment waveform.
● Available rising or falling edge trigger.
● Adjustable trigger level position, and with instructions.
● Observable previous trigger waveform (negative delay).
● Can freeze at any time waveform display (HOLD function).
● Comes 1Hz /3.3V square wave test signal source.
Step 2: Why Buy It!!
The kit is designed in a way that makes it very easy to use and therefore it is a very good way to get started with oscilloscopes
Moreover, the kit runs on 9v dc and therefore you can use a 9v battery or use a 5v to 9v step up converter to power the oscilloscope from USB or battery. You can find the converter seen in the picture above by clicking here
Step 3: Outro
If you are ready to take a great step in the world of electronics you can buy this kit for the lowest price on market from Gearbest by clicking here
Since this kit is open source you can find more information including circuit schematics of this kit by clicking here
the next instructable will include details of building this kit
subscribe to my youtube channel for awesome electronics tutorials. click here to go to the channel