This is a GRIPPER hand made from only 2 servo motors & very common hardware items that could be bought easily.This is a home made project & I hope you like it!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Find the Parts
To do this home project you will need the following item
- Small POLYCARBONATE sheet.(I used leftover stuff )
- NUTS & BOLTS and matching WASHERS (I used 2 sizes of it)
- Different colored wires (I used old CAT 5 cable wires & normal electrical wires)
- 2 nos square small ERASERS
- LED bulbs (2 colors) & 1k ohm (1/4 watt) resistors.
- OLD used tooth brushes (for the ARMS)
- TOOLS - ( Drill / screwdrivers / soldering iron & lead etc / blades / saw etc)
- Arduino UNO card or compatible board & PC to program it with. (as I will show you a mega 2560 can also be used as well)
- 5V POWER supply (3 Amps)
- plastic wire ties
Optional Items - (NOT mandatory at all)
1) small CCTV camera module - (I connected it to a TV Capture card to get a close up view of the ARM in action)
Step 2: Assembley
Use the picture as a guide to assemble the hand & wire it to a 5V DC PSU & a UNO. The code to open & close the hand can be written using Arduino's Stepper library!