This MARVELOUS MUD PIE only has 220 calories per serving, and is loaded with decadent flavors, without the extra calories. I substituted cream with light cool whip, and replaced chocolate with a chocolate pudding mixture, and it turned out delicious! A normal pie with whipped cream and ice cream can range from 500-700 calories, with 20 grams of fat. Also, instead of adding 2 cups of confectioner sugar, I added 1 and 1/4 cup of sugar, and a little bit of honey to avoid the calories. The recipe and many exciting pictures are on the next page.
Enjoy and please vote!
Step 1: Ingredients
There are only 6 ingredients in this fantastic recipe: (In the picture, the container that says ricotta cheese is actually cream cheese; sorry)
1 package Oreos
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
I teaspoon honey
1 small. pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 3/4 c. milk
8 oz. tub Light Cool Whip, thawed
Step 2: Make the Mouse Filling
The process is really easy and my sister and I did it in less than 10 minutes:
1. Soften cream cheese and add powdered sugar, beating with mixer until well blended.
2. In a separate, larger bowl, mix instant pudding and milk until well blended. Add to this mixture the Cool Whip.
3. Blend in cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture.
(The Leftover mouse can be refrigerated for 3-5 days; take a couple of cookies and dip it in the leftover mouse for a wonderful surprise)
Step 3: Make the Crust
This simple Oreo crust is to die for. To cut the calories, we used half oreos and half 100 calorie Chips Ahoy cookies. It tastes exactly the same as a normal Oreo Crust, yet contains less calories.
1. Finely crumble Oreo cookies in food processor. (I used a mortar and pestle)
2. Starting with crumbled cookies, layer cookie crumbs and creamy mixture in the pan.
Step 4: Assemble
Place the crumbs on the bottom of the pan. A good tip is pushing the crumbs with a cup to help hold the crumbs together. Place the light cool whip mixture on top and chill for 2-3 hours. Enjoy!
Participated in the
Serious Eats Pi Day Pie Contest