Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Required
moss(any type it should be fresh nd live)
breakfast plate about 1 inch in depth(u can select big or small size)
rocks or pebbles
a hand driller
Step 2: Prepare a Drill in the Plate
the water u put to the garden should drain out, so drill few oles in the plate
Step 3: Prepare Adding Stuff
1. add a small layer of sand it absorbs water well and keeps moss moist nd cool.
2. add coir of coconut on top of soil this gives a well fertility to soil.
3. add a fine layer of soil with fertilizer , nd create small mounds.
4. add pebbles or rocks which r decorative.
Step 4: Adding Moss
1. take a patch of moss nd remove a little dirt under the patch.
2. wet the soil in the plate so that moss sticks when u press it.
3. just keep on going till u cover entire area.
Step 5: Adding Other Plants
1. u can accessories ur garden by adding small weeds like (oxalis,grass weed..etc ).
if there r roots to the weeds just take that nd place it somewhere in plate nd press it gently.
2. add patch of grass so that it looks like bush.
this will enhance ur small garden.
NOTE: keep this garden inside home ,in a cool nd shady place.
mosses does not require soil for growth,it just grows by water make sure u give lot of water , just spray with garden sprayer very often to keep Moss garden alive.
Participated in the