A new spin on an old favorite!
Step 1: Things You Will Need
1 muffin tray
2 packages of thick sliced bacon ( I used Turkey Bacon)
2 pounds Ground beef or turkey meat
1/2 cup Barbeque sauce or ketchup.(You will need more later, this is just for putting in the meatloaf)
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP crushed garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tsp basil
1 cup oats
1 TBSP Parmesan
MAC & CHEESE INGREDIENTS
2 cups elbow macaroni
2oz cream cheese (1/4 a box)
3/4 cups sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 1/4 cups shredded cheese (I Used 1 cup Colby Jack, 1/4 cup White Cheddar)
Note: This recipe should make 8 bacon balls.
Step 2: Preping Your Meat
1. Place ground meat into large bowl or pan.
2. Press meat into a large bowl shape.
3. Place all Meatloaf ingredients into meat bowl.
4. Use you hands to mash everything together until thoroughly mixed.
5. Cover and set aside until needed.
Step 3: Making the Mac & Cheese
1. In large pan, boil enough water to cook your noodles. When water is boiling, add noodles, then
reduce heat. cook the noodles until they are soft, then drain the water.
2. Place the milk and cheeses in another medium size pan, and simmer on low to medium heat.
Stir often until the cheeses are melted and mixed into a soupy substance. If you want to add any
personal seasonings to you mac & cheese, this would be the best time to do it.
3. In a large pan, mix cheese sauce with the noodles until well blended.
Step 4: Bacon Ball Assembly
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place strip of bacon evenly in the center of one of the muffin tray cups.
3. Place another strip on bacon in the same cup, making an X of bacon.
4. Coat the bacon on the inside of the cup with BBQ Sauce.
5. Place a golf ball size amount of meatloaf mixture into the cup and gently pat it into the form
of a cup. The bigger the hole in your meat, the more mac & cheese you can stuff into it.
6. Place a large spoonful of Mac & Cheese into the meat cup and press it down gently. The Mac
should be be about level or slightly mounded. don't try to stack it too high!
7. Place a small sized meat patty, big enough to completely cover the Mac, on top of the meat cup
and lightly press and seal the edges together thoroughly.
8. Cover with another spoonful of BBQ sauce, then fold tips of bacon over the top of your meatball
in a circular order.
9. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 40 - 45 minutes.
10.Remove from tray, cover with BBQ sauce one more time(optional) Then let sit for 5 minutes before
serving. I use a two forked claw method to remove them easily without damage.
If you like these, try out my other bacon balls
Breakfast bacon balls
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bacon Balls
Broccoli & Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Bacon Balls
Hawaiian Burger Bacon Balls