SImple and fun game utilizing levitating pyrolytic graphite pieces
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
1. A thin piece of pyrolytic graphite
2. Rectangular magnets for the launch pad. I used 90 pieces of 10 mm x 5 mm x 3 mm grade N50 neodymium magnets. Every other magnet has south pole upwards and every other one has a north pole upwards (checkerboard pattern)
3. Couple of rod magnets for the launcher system. Ø 4 mm x 25 mm, grade N42 neodymium magnets
4. A Round magnetic levitation device that consists of a ring magnet and a cylinder shape magnet (The one I used was Ø 19 mm x 12 mm with a 8 mm hole ring magnet + Ø 8 mm x 12 mm cylinder magnet both grade N52)
5 A sheet of metal for the rectangular magnets
6. Some wood for the putting green. It's just a wooden box with a hole for the round magnetic levitation device.
7. Add green paper board and a cocktail stick flag for finishing touches