Statler and Waldorf. The two old guys in the balcony from The Muppet Show. I went to Disney World one year and saw Muppet*Vision 3D and they had animatronics of them. According to a article online, the skin (or fabric) ends halfway starting where you can't see it from the main seats. I decided for Halloween, that I was going to challenge my electrical skills and make a simple version of the animatronics.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
Here is what you will need:
* Propeller Servo Controller USB (this will be the "brain" for the servos. an Arduino may work too.)
* Servo Motors (I am using EMAX ES08A servos but any SHOULD** work)
* Latex Masks of the characters: Statler Waldorf
* Foam (this is to fill the masks so it looks like someone is wearing it.)
* (if you have the budget) you can also get a scissor lift or car lift and use that to lift them down so they duck saying "We surrender" (see picture)
* Windows XP or higher computer running VSA
**No Guarantee so comment if one doesn't work.
Step 2: Program Servo Controller
See my video below.
I had to drop this project due to the cost of the project. If I get enough funding I will redo this article with 3d printed parts and maybe even sell a kit.